Here is information regarding visa for France. Get informed about the documents needed for business and travel visa and well as the application procedure and extension of visa.
Visa for France
Foreign nationals need visa document for coming to Paris or entering France. Persons on business visit need a business visa while people coming as a normal visitor need a non professional travel visa. The duration of business or travel visa is less than 90 days in both the cases.
Documents for Business Travelers
- Original passport valid for at least six months and a photocopy of passport first page, photo page and address page
- Copies of valid US, U.K. and previous Schengen visas (if traveled previously).
- Duly filled application form and two recent photographs
- Covering letter of the company in proper format
- Invitation letter of French company or organizer
- Last one month bank statement and three months salary slip.
- Proof of proper medical insurance policy
- Photocopy of air ticket or PNR (booking printout)
- Proof of confirmed hotel reservation
Documents for Non Professional Travelers
- Completely and accurately filled application form with two recent photographs
- Original passport valid for at least six months and one photocopy of passport first page, photo page and address page.
- Photocopies of valid US, U.K. and previous Schengen visas (if in possession)
- Original covering letter signed by the applicant. For self employed/ businessman, going on tourist visa, covering letter should be on company's letterhead
- Photocopy of confirmed prepaid hotel reservation or sponsorship certificate in original
- Copy of itinerary
- Last one month bank statement and last three months salary slips
- Photocopy of income tax papers of last one year
- Copy of proper overseas medical insurance policy
- Copy of air ticket or PNR (booking printout)
Extension of Visa
Visa cannot be extended in France.
To apply for any type of visa for France, you are required to submit your applications after taking a prior appointment at the France Visa Application Centre, which is the embassy or consulate in your country. Appointments can be taken online or on telephone. After submission of application, applicants are asked to appear for an interview appoint at the next working day. This is for completing the process of biometrics. After the biometric process, processed passports can be collected. Visa document could be sent by courier (if you opt) or be collected in person.
Visa fees required varies with the country. It could be anywhere between 60 to 100 Euros.